The Trustees of Gafcon GBE (formerly known as Gafcon UK) give thanks to Bishop Michael Nazir-Ali as he steps down from the role of President, which he has held since the formation of the regional Gafcon branch in 2016.
For decades, Bishop Michael has stood courageously to defend and promote Bible-based Christian orthodoxy in its Anglican expression. He has been an influential leader in the worldwide Global Anglican Future (Gafcon) movement, and was instrumental in initiating and advising the process leading to the formation under God’s hand of the Anglican Network in Europe (ANiE), a new Gafcon-authorised jurisdiction made up of two convocations, ACE and AMiE.
Thousands of Christians in hundreds of churches across the UK and Ireland are preparing for a focused month of mission leading up to Easter 2022. A Passion for Life offers training in evangelism, resources to help plan a local mission, and opportunities to connect with other churches.
General Statement from the Evangelical Fellowship in the Church in Wales in response to the decision of the Governing Body on the 6th September to accept liturgy for the blessing of same-sex civil marriages or civil partnerships.
The Evangelical Fellowship in the Church in Wales deeply regrets the recent decision of the Governing Body to authorise a liturgy to bless same-sex civil marriages and partnerships…
…First, by making this decision, the Church in Wales has departed from the apostolic faith as revealed in Scripture…
- Church in Wales (CiW) votes for blessings of same sex relationships in church
- C of E Synod elections.
- Threats from wider society: “gay conversion therapy’ ban.
- The marginalisation of Christianity in the West - recent articles
- Around the world: violence continues in Nigeria; Gafcon Primates to meet
- Gafcon GBE: new website being developed
- Gafcon GBE President Bishop Michael Nazir Ali: news about his ministry
- Church planting initiatives must be based on faithfulness to Scripture
- Anglican Network in Europe news
- Methodist Church changes its understanding of marriage: useful resource available
- Understanding false ideologies in our culture: review of Carl Trueman’s book
- Is it possible for evangelicals to remain in a liberal denomination? Pastor’s Heart interview…
- Gafcon Sunday was celebrated on 27 June
- Rise of secularism coincides with growing intolerance of orthodox Christian views, especially on sexual ethics. A number of examples for information and prayer.
- Church of England evangelicals: retired Bishop starts work as National Director of CEEC.
- News from Anglican Network in Europe
Gafcon GBE commends theologian Martin Davie’s clear summary and critique of the Living in Love and Faith resources, currently being discussed in the Church of England.
- New month, new name! Gafcon UK is now Gafcon Great Britain and Europe
- Gafcon: mutual accountability. Disagreements between Gafcon regions over pastoral strategy to same sex attracted people while maintaining faithful biblical witness are being resolved.
- Gafcon as a model for diversity and non-racism based on biblical principles: Bishop Michael Nazir Ali article
- Anglican Network in Europe News
- Europe - secular, but with pockets of faith? Article from Evangelical Focus
- Church of England: Response to Living in Love and Faith by Martin Davie
This week Gafcon IOW (Isle of Wight, UK) was launched. This is a local expression of a global movement, and the Steering Committee are thrilled to be under the umbrella of the largest Anglican movement in the world.